Part Time: 4-8 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but consistent availability needed for a weekly management call and at least one four-hour shift each week.
Location: We seek a candidate living in Chicagoland. You would work from home and travel throughout the Chicago metro area for client visits. You can set your own schedule, but must be available for a weekly management call with the executive director and at least one four-hour shift on a regular, weekly schedule.
Compensation: $35/hour, including paid travel time and mileage reimbursement to client visits. ISBA provides professional liability insurance.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, including your Illinois social work license # to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should indicate the name of the job for which you are applying, your preferred weekday availability based on the above, and any weekend availability also. No calls, please.
Position Summary: The Illinois Spina Bifida Association (ISBA), i-sba.org, seeks a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) to provide services in home, community, and medical clinic settings to individuals and families living with spina bifida.
This is a great opportunity to earn extra income while helping a stable community of clients continue to build their independence. Although the hourly time commitment is minimal, our social workers are an invaluable part of our team. Help us celebrate our 50th anniversary and fulfill our mission to improve the quality of life of individuals and families living with spina bifida.
You would work on our Community-Clinic Connection and ABLE Savers programs (see i-sba.org/programs), which seek to increase the resilience and independence of individuals and families living with spina bifida, using assessment, goal planning, social support, and referrals to resources and social networks.
- Active Illinois LCSW licensure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and comfort learning new software and systems
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Willingness to receive vaccines required in a pediatric hospital setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with people from diverse social backgrounds, educational levels, and English language proficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, board members, care teams, outside agencies, etc.
- Ability to easily use technology for communication along with the creation of documents and reports
- Be a self-directed problem-solver comfortable working independently
Optional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience conducting motivational interviews and identifying community resources
- Experience working with people with spina bifida or other physical or developmental disabilities
- Experience working in a medical setting
- Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse population
- Experience conducting workshops or skill coaching sessions
- Spanish proficiency
Salary: $35.00 /hour